THE PENCIL: Protection Of Personal Information
Effective Date of Implementation: 1st of June 2021
Definition & Purpose
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and Non-Members who have shown interest in our Club and have completed a contact form.
2. Purpose of this policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“personal information”).
– Certain information collected upon completing our online form (see below); and
– optional information that you voluntarily provide to us (see below).
– information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
– permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
– non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any social media platform, blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board.
3. Acceptance of terms
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you agree to continue communicating with members of The Pencil and/or its online platforms. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website.
5.1 On completing a form. Once you register on our website or complete a form, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information.
This personal information will include:
- Name, surname
- Email address, telephone number
5.2 Optional details. You may also provide additional information on a voluntary basis (“message”).
5.3 Collection from browser. We automatically receive and record Internet usage information on our hosting company’s server logs from your browser (“usage information”).
5.4 Cookies. When you access our website we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer to collect certain usage information. We use information gathered by cookies to improve the website.
5.5 Purpose for collection. We may use any service information and optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such optional information. We may use your usage information for the purposes described in 5.4 and
5.5 above and to:
– remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
– monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
– track your entries with your usage of the website.
6. Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
– In accordance with the Protection Of Personal Information Act (POPI).
Information Officer (IO)
Any queries or concerns are to be reported directly to the IO of The Pencil, Blake Biffen.